- November 28th 2017 – Eight reasons why you should conduct a DNS audit
- November 17th 2017 – Proofpoint in the Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Information Archiving.
- November 17th 2017 – KEMP Technologies – Metered Enterprise Licensing
- October 9th 2017 – What can Skybox do for you? It’s Time for a Smarter Approach: Threat-Centric Vulnerability Management
- October 2nd 2017 – Deal with security threats and operational issues confidently!
- September 21st 2017 – WEBINAR – are you in compliance with your mobile devices?
- August 7th 2017 – SMS 2-factor is dead? The future is intelligent authentication!
- July 7th 2017 – Do you want to be our new colleague?
- June 27th 2017 – Have a great summer – We are NOT closed during the holidays.
- June 16th 2017 – WARNING – WannaCry AGAIN tomorrow?
WEBINAR – ARE YOU IN COMPLIANCE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICES?
You must take your precautionary measures against GDPR now!
The number of lost devices reported, does not match the numbers that surveys tell us actually are being lost. In a recent survey from Ponemon, it shows that more than 65 % of users do not report it, when they lose an USB device.
With the new GDPR rules things will change significantly.
The new rules in the GDRP demand that companies have to report it within 72 hours if they lose a device with confidential data stored on it. However there is an exception, that entitles you not to report it, if you can prove that the loss does not pose a risk of data being misused at all.
Datalocker’s recommendation to meet the new requirements of GDPR is to implement a solution that:
• Protects all stored data with automatic encryption and strong passwords. This means that the company does not have to report lost devices, due to the fact that access to the data is unlikely
• Makes sure that only authorized employees have the rights to transport data. This eliminates the possibility of insider threats, that may be a source of data breaches.
• Controls which data are being transferred to encrypted portable devices. This will help the company take the right action if a device is lost.
• Gives the company the ability to remotely “kill” or delete all info on a lost device.
On 3rd of October we are hosting a webinar, where Datalocker will talk more about their encrypted devices, and how to manage them.
Please feel free to share this invite with colleagues, who this might also be of interest to.
Tuesday 3rd October 2017
10.00 – 11.00
Are you in GDPR compliance with you mobile devices?
v/ Anders Kjellander – Datalocker
Register for the webinar at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also get news about IT-security sent directly to your inbox – via our e-newsletter News2You.
News2You is targeted to both resellers and end users – and contains the latest within IT-security and Networking solutions – as well as invitations to seminars and other events we host.
Do you wish to receive News2You in the future, please send os an e-mail to email@example.com